5 week CELTA timetable Mixed Mode
Each CELTA course requires trainees to spend a minimum of 120 hours in order to complete all aspects of the course.
During the 5 week Mixed Mode Course trainees will need to:
- Complete 30 course units via Moodle.
- Participate in 6 hours of assessed teaching practice (TP) Face2face and via Zoom.
- Observe TP taught by their peers Face2face and via Zoom.
- Observe qualified, experienced Elh teachers teach Face2Face and via Zoom.
- Attend and participate in post TP feedback sessions.
- Participate in Supervised Lesson Preparation (SLP).
- Complete 4 written assignments.
- Update their portfolios.
Hours per week:
Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:30 London time. Sessions may be face2face or live online via Zoom.
- 9:00 to 11:30 - TP
- coffee break
- 12:00 to 13:30 feedback + SLP
- break for lunch
- 14:30 to 16:00 input A
- 16:15 to 17:30 input B
How much work is involved?
Trainees must anticipate that they will spend extra time outside their contact hours with tutors to:
- Write lesson plans
- Complete their assignments
- Read, study and review input sessions. course units relating to lessons they have to teach and assignments they need to write.
- Observe lessons taught by qualified teachers
- Update their CELTA 5s